Thursday, September 30, 2010

Totally Awesome

 GLEE!!!!!

Oh how I've missed the show, the music, the characters  and the guest stars.



Season 2 us set to be bigger and badder with the casting of 3 new cast members!

Pretty boy Chord Overstreet was casted to play Sam, a football player that Finn takes under his wing.



He would eventually become Finn's rival in the Glee Club.

Personally, I don't love nor hate him yet. I have never heard of him but remember seeing him in a few iCarly episodes. Can he sing? I don't know, I can't seem to find his audition......

But Chord is not the biggest news......

Actor-singer-songwriter Darren Criss has landed the much-talked-about new gay role on Glee.

Isn't he dreamy....
Will he have eyes for Kurt? Maybe. Maybe not.

Criss’ character, Blaine—a cute and charismatic gay student from a rival Glee club named the Dalton Academy Warblers—will maintain a strictly platonic friendship with McKinley High’s most out and proud pupil. But could that change as the season progresses?

Series creator Ryan Murphy is keeping his options open.

Ever since Murphy announced that Kurt would be getting a love interest in season 2, speculation about the identity of his suitor has run rampant.

The casting of Overstreet led some to speculate that his quarterback character Sam would play that role, a theory Chris Colfer, Kurt, all but shot down when he said that there’s no sign of romantic tension between Sam and Kurt in the first four episodes.
Jane Lynch, who plays evil cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, however, let slip that Sam and Kurt may have something blooming in the future.....

Back to Darren Criss, he has built quite a Web following as a member of the University of Michigan theater company Team StarKid. The group’s spoof, A Very Potter Musical, went viral in YouTubeland and turned Darren  (who plays the title role Harry) into an Internet star.


To those who haven't watched it yet.... WATCH IT!!!

Unlike Overstreet, I know Darren can sing. Very well. Just look at his audition!




It simply oozes awesomeness and you can see his personality. His EP Human was one of the most downloaded on iTunes and his Disney covers in Youtube are simply melting....

*Cue Fangirl scream" SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

I am so happy for Darren. He totally deserves this role, Team Starkid must be so proud!

I have personally created a FaceBook Page dedicated solely to him here

Please join!!

However, there is 1 more yet-to-be-cast actor. Will he turn out to be Kurt’s BF instead? Speculate away :)

The plot surrounding Kurt’s first boyfriend thickens.......

PS: I have my fingers crossed that the third actor will be Sam Tsui ;P or Nick Pitera


{ Song in My Head }
~ If I Die Young by The Band Perry ~

      Penny for my thoughts? Oh no, I'll sell them for a dollar,
           They're worth so much more after I'm a goner;
                 Then maybe then you'll hear the song I've been singing,
                      Funny when you're dead how people start listening...


As of writing, it is 49 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes and 40 seconds till Deathly Hallows


Countdowns

0 comments:

Post a Comment