Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Semester, New Troubles, New Light

I love Holidays

I love Uni

But I hate to go to Uni after Hoildays....... D:


Another thing I hate more than Uni? Mornings


Now combine these two and Voilà! It's now evident that I'm not having the time of my life now.

Oh Mornings.... Y U COME SO EARLY!!??



 At least it's not all bad.

Snacks were on sale for the longest time, I bought so MUCH!!


 Now I have tons of junk food to ease the transition.

*Munches on a TimTam while opening a bag of Doritos*

WHOOT!!

On a more serious note, I'm not just a person who only complains and whines all the time. The are reasons behind my discourse.

I may hate going to school/college/uni but I usually suck it up for 1 reason: I LOVE learning. I just don't like the way it's taught. For example: I have a gigantic interest in History, but the way Sejarah is taught in school killed it for the longest time. However, last semester, I took a course on Human Ecological History and enjoyed it immensely!

Here's the difference between the two subjects:

In Sejarah, facts were shoved down my throat. I was taught how to feel and what I need to remember. I only studied this subjact to pass exams. IT was the type of thing that you had no choice of the matter. Like you needed to study, like you had to remember it. And that was the root of the problem. Remember. Not appreciate. Not enjoy. Remember. Gah!

In HEH, however, students were taught the events and ideas and they would be up to our own interpretation. There is no right answer. I have even read up on things myself that were not taught in class, just because I want to know more! MOAR!!! Curiosity killed the cat? Rubbish! Curiosity is what drives you forward!! (It also helped that I discovered Hetalia at that time too XP )

"Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs." 
~Albert Einstein~
 
Learning = LOVE!
 

Right now, I'm doing a Theology course called God and Natural Scinces. Will blog about THAT soon.

{Song in my Head}
~I See The Light by Mandy Moore and Zachery Levi~
 
     "All those days chasing down a daydream,
         All those years living in a blur;
             All that time never truly seeing,
                 Things, the way they were......"

PS: Did I mention I'm currently obsessed with the movie Tangled? Cuz I am. Zach Levi is my current celebrity crush....... *goes off to watch Tangled for the 50th time*

0 comments:

Post a Comment