Thursday, April 15, 2010

Of Gullible People and Luxury Books

Last week I got an SMS from a friend

"Pls go to http://www.iyouweblog.com/ on tsunami this morning in Penang."

Needless to say i searched and found the page. In the page it was written that on 8 of April, a tsunami happened at 7.14 am. There was even a video.

However, after further digging, I found out thet the "breaking news" was actually crap made up by an idiot and a dumb moderator. The video was a modified version of the tsunami in 2004. Oh yeah, some other idiot copied and redid the whole page into his blog.

http://donnyien.com/interesting/tsunami-in-penang-apr-8-2010-7-14am/

This got me thinking, some people are so gullible. That is why so many people are losing their money on fake get-rich-quick scams. Really, I bet you think Bert and Ernie were just roommates. Falling for tricks and jokes is one thin, but when will people accept the if it's too good to be true, it ain't gonna work. Seriously, if my friend had even an ounce of common sense she would have checked first..... And I wouldn't have wasted an hour!


Since I'm complaining here I might as well complain about another thing. WHY THE HELL ARE BOOKS SO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!!!! Looking at the original book covers, it seems that Americans and the English are paying less the 10 per book!!
No Wonder Malaysians only read 2 books a year! These books are considered luxury items because of their price! 35 for a book that takes 2 hours to finish isn't worth it.....



Because of this I have to be extremely choosy over what books I buy. Only the best make the cut! Fufufu. I love reading and I love money and I love chocolate(nothing to do with anything, I just love it) But when awesome books are in front of me I will swallow my pride and buy it.


But really, I would love to expand my home library, but my wallet and the Malaysian government won't let me!!

On a lighter note, I'm so freaking excited about 2 new series coming out by Rick Riordan, author of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series!!






First up is THe Kane Chronicles, unlike Percy Jackson, this is set according to Egyptian Gods! Kewl!!! Kane chorinicles is another book that is actually made for teens and pre-teens but I love Riordan too much to pass on this book. I've already read the first chapter, awesome!!

The book is in stores May 4th!!! That means it'll be in Malaysia 2 months after that......gah....



Another awesome book is a new Olympians series!! Yay!!!!


Today, Disney-Hyperion announced that the second series of Camp Half-Blood adventures will be called The Heroes of Olympus. The first book, The Lost Hero, will be published Oct. 12, 2010.

It will all be based on the prophecy said in the last Percy Jackson book:


"Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. "

This is gonna be an awesome book!!!

P.S. Logan Lerman is NOT hot. Only cute. Johnny Depp IS hot. LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment