Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fucking Rubbish

Why is note taking a damn lesson!!!! English as a Second Language lessons are full of CRAP!!!! No literature, no Shakespere, no FUN!!!!! Australians are looking down on our English (I don't blame them). Fucking Hell!!!!!! I feel like I'm in retard class........

(cont'd)

8 hours have passed since my outburst. I'm still mad about the fact that I can't drop THAT class for the better English Studies class........ Gah!!!! High school standard is too low........

Anyway, the reason I'm back here is because I found a really funny statement in one of my text books. Surprisingly, it's from the moral education (another subject to sleep in) book. Here it is:

"Bentham introduced a scientific principle to analyse the quantity of pleasures, ie the calculus of pleasures, or the Hedonic Calculus. He allotted each factor with a value which can be analyzed, eg a value can be divided into:

(1) Intensity of pleasure derived from an action

(2) Duration of pleasure

(3) Certainty of pleasure

(4) Inclination to the experience of pleasure

(5) Tendency to be followed by more pleasure

(6) Purity or tendency for an action to produce opposite effect and pain.

~ This will also be considered and the results can be compared to determine the total balance of bad and good

(7) The calculus is done by multiplying the total balance with the extent or number of people experiencing pleasure or suffering.

Factors 1 - 4 are normally taken into consideration in measuring the value of pleasure and suffering. When counting many pleasures or suffering, factors 5 and 6 are taken into consideration. Meanwhile, factor 7 is used when many people are involved."

ONce again, a dirty mind has made another boring lesson more INTERESTING!!!! Muahahahahahaha!!!!!!! I <3 my not-so-pure thoughts.......

0 comments:

Post a Comment